Graduating in Home Ed's Graduation Ceremony
Each year, Home Ed sponsors a graduation ceremony for our senior class. This very popular and successful event recognizes the achievement of our Home Ed seniors and their families. Home Ed graduation caps off a year of class fun and hard academic work.
Our graduation is a Home Ed event which is open to all Home Ed members - regardless of the sub-group you participate in. However, for many reasons, this is NOT an open graduation. There are multiple details involved in planning this event and several significant deadline dates (ordering diplomas, ordering caps and gowns, graduation program printing deadlines, etc.).
To participate in Home Ed's graduation ceremony:
- Join Home Ed at the beginning of the school year.
- Comply with all of Home Ed's requirements and deadlines for graduation.
ADDITIONAL GRADUATION RECOGNITION
Students who participate in the Home Ed graduation are also eligible to qualify for Leadership Cord and/or Honors Cord. Documentation of test scores, community service hours and leadership positions is required by Home Ed (a list of places of service and hours served is acceptable for the leadership cord).
The criteria for these is non-negotiable and is as follows:
To qualify for a Leadership Cord, the student must have all of the following:
- GPA of at least a 3.0 AND
- A minimum of 250 community service hours AND
- A minimum of 2 leadership positions held in 9th-12th grades (leadership position as defined by parent)
The criteria for an Honors Cord is consistent with that set by Eta Sigma Alpha (the homeschool honor society):
- GPA of at least 3.5 AND
- ACT score of at least 26 or SAT combined score of at least 1200 - or 1800 under the scoring system of tests in 2006-2007 and thereafter.
These are NOT superscores - these scores must be the actual composite scores from individual tests.